Williams Supply, Inc. has been in the business of electrical supplies and lighting since 1946. The Roanoke, Virginia based company was started when Forrest Williams returned home from the war with surplus material and electrical contracting know-how.
From the get-go Williams, along with his nephew, acquired and sold products from reputable companies like Allen-Bradley, Hoffman, Micro Switch, Thomas & Betts and Hubbell. Over time, Williams Supply became a powerhouse in the electrical and lighting industry, and one of the largest electrical supply houses in Virginia.
When Williams retired in 1983, he sold the company to his employees through an Employee Stock Option Plan, thus showing his appreciation for their years of dedication to the company. The company grew and became very successful.
In October 2015, Williams Supply was acquired by Electrical Equipment Company. As a result, EECO is now one of the largest Rockwell Automation distributors in the nation. Williams Supply is a subsidiary of EECO and has gained new resources, products, and services to better serve our customers.
Today Williams Supply has four branch locations and one Williams Lighting Galleries' showroom. For 70 years, WSI has remained one of the largest and most successful distributors of automation, process, and lighting products in the region.